To exchange electronic documents both the counterparties and the repository use a single message format - FpML. The Format Converter form is used to convert messages in a bulk-format (see Bulk conversion of orders)to the FpML format.
To convert a message you must:
- select conversion mode from the dropdown list (Fig. 1).
Fig. 1 – select mode
If the field is filled in correctly, the input area is highlighted in blue, if incorrectly – in red (Fig. 2).
Fig. 2 – color indicator of the Party ID field
- click Browse. This will open a file selection window;
- select the necessary file (or several) and click Open. The selected file will be displayed in the main form. To change the file, click Browse.
- click Convert.
During conversion the original and converted document are checked for format compliance and the correctness of data filled in. After the check the Results form will open.
Fig. 3 shows an example of a successful file conversion.
Fig. 3 – successful result of file conversion
After successful convertation of a file you can the converted file can either be viewed in a print form by clicking on the button, or can be transformed into a draft by clicking on the button.
In case of errors, the file will not be converted and the form will display an informational message (Fig. 4), containing the following data:
Fig. 4 – error converting files
- message type (error/warning) – indicates whether the message contains information about errors or omissions worth paying attention to;
- category – shows on what stage of validation the error occurred: the original document checkup stage (pre-validation), file checkup during conversion (in the course) or the checkup of the converted document (post-validation);
- text – summary of error.
The converted file can be downloaded to your computer by clicking on the button , to return to the Message conversion form, click .